Love Remains




Dearly beloved... We've journeyed together for ages
We've gone through many phases together
We loved, laughed, sang, danced
We played, prayed and when the time came to go we often stayed
A hope, a dream we had yet we could not attain
Change came, yet we fought for things to stay the same
Fear of the unknown held us mercilessly in chains
The very thing we did not know, through time we  all come and go
But Love abounds and Love remains

Dearly beloved... I love  you so much that even though things did not go as we wished
I am forever grateful for the things that did
Yes, I sighed when I thought the end came too swift
But now I am grateful for you were  to me a gift
A teacher who's lessons I could never have missed
A healer who's hands I could not have dismissed
If not for you my ignorance would forever persist
If not for you health would not have found my disease
Now I know that Love abounds and Love remains

I'm truly grateful to know such love exists

Phemelo Motona





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Us To You

Born of fire