Playground


The older I get, the more I realize,
that deep within my heart of hearts, a child plays, sings, dances, laughs, cries and fuses.

Deep within me is a longing,
To greet good morning my inner-child in a warm embrace.Say hello in a reassuring way.
It's a brand new day, there's no need to fear I'm here for you today.

My child loves to run around and shout about,
She loves to hug and kiss.
She's curious and quite cute.

The older I get, the more I realize,
That deep within us all is a daily longing to connect to that child-like purity,
The lightness of energy, the freedom from life's loads,
The optimism to wipe your tears and turn on a smile all in one go.
Where it all goes no one knows.

I suppose it all fades as we all grow old.
I suppose it's when we begin to think we've now become bold,
Not realizing we may have also become cold,
To attain the world our very souls we may have sold.
Now we don't understand the confusion and heaviness that we feel as life begins to unfold,
Now we can't take the load. 

Yet no matter what we may do or say, it's right-in-your-face clear that
deep within our heart of hearts, a child plays, sings, dances, laughs, cries and fuses.

 Phemelo Motona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Us To You

Born of fire

Love Remains