Emotional Prison



When the prison bars open....will free men remain or set to sail?
Will they  remain eternal prisoners and keep their own dellusions sustained?
Or will they leap and take a step towards freedom's domain?
Will they sit and bask in the bounty of self-disdain?


 I dare try to break free from deceit
For within this walls is not life, but death and destruction
I dare try to open my eyes and see...
I feel, I bleed...yet I remain intrigued...

How that these bars are the self-made and maintained...
by fear of pain the firm walls remain.
Yet I dare take a step towards freedom's domain
I leap and reach out again and again
Sometimes I feel the walls are closing in caging my chest with pain
Yet this longing and hope for freedom remains 


The prison walls are painted with doubt and disbelief
replete with a foul smell of  deceit and disease
All the while its even hard to breathe 
Even when I close my eyes and sleep
Haunted by the same visions and dreams
I will still choose to flee

Sorrow drowns my heart, for years I've cried to no avail
Primed to believe it's all fate, yet faith love and hope prevails
I am a free man and will forever choose to dance in the rain
And when the bars open, my soul shouts freedom...
when the bars open...this free man will set sail
He's not a prisoner of delussions derailed
He will step towards freedom's domain
And bask in the bounty of what freedom entails.


Phemelo Motona





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Us To You

Born of fire

Love Remains