Life's perfect ironies


The greatest battle I ever won, was the one I lost
The most beautiful thing I ever experienced was the one I thought was the worst

Lesson from the phoenix says through death comes rebirth
For through the ashes there always arises something greater and purged

I guess this means in order to live we must die
And in order to stay grounded we must learn how to fly

To love others we must first learn to love ourselves
And forgive ourselves for ever embracing life as empty shells

Sometimes to eventually say yes, we may say many nos
This is how we define ourselves and our life's goals

Many travel the world in search of what's outside themselves 
 Yeah, sometimes we go astray in order to find ourselves

Being in control means letting go
Sometimes we need to give up in order to keep going

What is it that I seek? What is it that I need and desire?
Is it the same thing I see? Is it the same thing that kindles my fire?

This is the one thing I've ever wanted to discover
Finding my true power and the ability to define myself in such an hour


Phemelo Motona





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Us To You

Born of fire

Love Remains